AUTOWORLD 1971 PLYMOUTH ROAD RUNNER IN TAWNY GOLD
“Beep-Beep” translated to – “Get outa’ my way” with the new 1971 Plymouth Road Runner! Receiving new sheet metal for 1971, along with a new interior and a massive 440 cubic inch power plant, the car was truly aggressive. The new body was sleek, with bulging fenders and a smooth transition from C-pillar to quarter-panel. The interior was restyled, looking more like a cockpit and included high-back bucket seats. The top performance engine was the 440 “Six Pack” with a vacuum operated “Air Grabber” scoop that operated at the drivers command.
1971 Plymouth Road Runner features:
- Newly tooled M73 colored front bumper option never released before
- GY9 Tawny Gold body color
- Gold strobe stripes
- Rear valance black-out stripes
- Magnum 500 wheels with Goodyear tires
- Serialized chassis. Limited edition of 1002 pieces.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk
- Steerable front wheels
- Detailed engine, accurate interior, chassis and trunk